Progress report on the Jewish Leadership Project
Dear friends and supporters of Americans for Peace and Tolerance;
We have launched a national PR effort to challenge the Jewish establishment over its failure to effectively defend the community from the dramatic rise in anti-Semitism across the country.
In the initial stage — mobilization — we have recruited teams and raised awareness of our mission. To date, we have:
1. Organized 14 teams across the country who, with our guidance, will be challenging their local leaders. At least three of these teams have had noteworthy local impacts. We have published their critiques and analyses of their local Jewish leaders in the White Rose Magazine and JNS.
2. Produced a special edition of the White Rose on the failure of Jewish leadership, a collection of 13 articles by prominent writers and local activists.
3. Arranged with a prominent publisher to publish a book on The Failure of American Jewish Leadership based on an expanded set of the White Rose essays, hopefully out before the end of the year.
4. Hired a young, eloquent, attractive spokesperson, Karys Rhea, to be the face of our message to a younger demographic. See her being interviewed here.
5. Hired a PR firm — Athos — to get us national and international press (see the impressive list below). We have changed the name of the effort from Challenge Jewish Leadership to the Jewish Leadership Project, and developed a new website.
6. Engaged a prominent Israel-based social media company to get our message distributed widely on social media platforms, with an emphasis on targeting young people.
7. Held a national Zoom meeting on August 23 with our teams and members to update and announce future actions. More than 90 people attended.
I invite you to join in this effort: We plan to conduct a series of Zoom conversations with interested people. Email us if you would like to join in. There will be plenty of opportunities.
As you may recall, we made this pivot to focus on changing Jewish leadership because, after decades spent fighting against our external adversaries — the media, the professoriate, the liberal churches, the left on campus, the black nationalists, the Islamists, and anti-Israel curricula in our schools — we concluded that the Jewish community may not prevail with an establishment leadership which will not prioritize Jewish interests, does not understand the nature and extent of anti-Semitism, and will not fight. Our new Jewish Leadership Project aims to change that. There are many opportunities for you to help.
I’m asking for your continued financial support. You can also donate by mail (see the address at the very bottom of the email) and online at www.jewishleadershipproject.org. JLP functions as a project of APT, and donations are should be made to APT as before.
I invite you to write me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dr. Charles Jacobs and Avi Goldwasser, “The Jewish Community Cannot Survive Perfidy by its Leadership,” White Rose Magazine, Issue VIII (Spring 2022).
• Press release, “Nationwide Initiative Launches to Challenge Failed Leadership of Establishment Jewish Organizations,” Jewish Leadership Project, July 11, 2022.
• Adam Kredo, “New Jewish Group Slams ‘Progressive Assault’ on Israel,” The Washington Free Beacon, July 11, 2022.
• “New activist group accuses Jewish establishment of ignoring woke antisemitism,” World Israel News, July 12, 2022.
• “New activist group accuses Jewish establishment of ignoring woke antisemitism,” The Jewish Voice, July 13, 2022.
• Ruth King, “Nationwide Initiative Launches to Challenge Failed Leadership of Establishment Jewish Organizations,” Ruthfully Yours, July 15, 2022.
• Jacobs and Goldwasser, “American Jewish leaders should lead or get out of the way,” JNS, July 18, 2022.
• Jacobs and Goldwasser, “American Jewish leaders should lead or get out of the way,” Israel Hayom, July 21, 2022.
• “Nationwide Initiative Launches to Challenge Failed Leadership of Establishment Jewish Organizations,” The Jewish Voice, July 21, 2022.
• Melanie Phillips, “The urgent need for proper Jewish leadership,” JNS, July 21, 2022.
• “Darin Gerdes: Ukraine Update / Charles Jacobs and Avi Goldwasser: Anti-Semitism is Growing,” Chosen Generation Radio, 1:00:00. July 22, 2022.
• PastorGregCGR. “Charles Jacobs and Avi Goldwasser Jewish Leadership Project join Pastor Greg CGR 072222.” Rumble. 26:52. July 22, 2022.
• Phillips, “The urgent need for proper Jewish leadership,” J-Wire, July 24, 2022.
• Phillips, “The urgent need for proper Jewish leadership,” Israel Hayom, July 25, 2022.
• Karen Harradine, “A shameful surrender to secular barbarism,” The Conservative Woman, July 27, 2022.
• Donna Rachel Edmunds, “Halt this tragic Jewish schism before it’s late,” The Conservative Woman, July 27, 2022.
• Jacobs and Goldwasser, “The ADL Has Corrupted its Mission and Betrayed the Jewish Community,” Newsweek, July 28, 2022.
• Marty Gold, “When Is A Hate Crime Not A Hate Crime? When It Happens To Jews In Winnipeg,” The J, July 28, 2022.
• Tom Knighton, “Anti-Defamation League attacked abandoning its principles,” Tilting At Windmills, July 29, 2022.
• Jacobs, “ADL must listen to its critics,” American Thinker, July 31, 2022.
• Karys Rhea, “New Group ‘Jewish Leadership Project’ Formed to Challenge ‘Failing Jewish Leadership’ On Threats To Community,” Legal Insurrection, July 31, 2022.
• David Israel, “These US Jews Are Mad as Hell and They’re Not Going to Take It Any More,” The Jewish Press, August 1, 2022.
• JNS TV. “‘Jewish leaders have betrayed, failed our community’ | Mideast News Hour with Caroline Glick.” Filmed August 2, 2022. YouTube video, 1:03:02. Published August 2, 2022.
• “‘Jewish leaders have betrayed, failed our community,’” JNS, August 2, 2022.
• Jacobs, “ADL must listen to its critics,” JNS, August 2, 2022.
• Rhea, “Woke Jewish groups have stopped caring about antisemitism,” The Washington Free Beacon, August 3, 2022.
• Benjamin Kerstein, “It’s time for American Jewish dissidents to put politics aside,” JNS, August 8, 2022.
• One America News Network. “One-on-One with Jewish Leadership Project’s Karys Rhea.” Rumble. 6:40: August 9, 2022.
• Henry Srebrnik, “U.S. Jews seek more forceful response to confluence of hatred,” Saltwire, August 9, 2022.
• “Establishment Jewish Leaders Called Out By The Jewish Leadership Project,” OANN, August 10, 2022.
• Jacobs and Goldwasser, “Will the Jewish establishment finally debate its critics?”, JNS, August 17, 2022.
• Barry Shaw, “American Jewry Desperately Needs Better Leadership,” The J, August 17, 2022.
• Jacobs and Goldwasser, “Will the Jewish establishment finally debate its critics?”, The Lid, August 18, 2022.
• TECNTV.com. “TECNTV.COM / Anti Semitism: Fighting the Silent Religious Offense In Fairfax County Schools.” Rumble. 38:29. August 18, 2022.
• Jewish Leadership Project. “Texas Fully Loaded: Interview with Avi Goldwasser (August 19, 2022).” Vimeo. 18:29. August 19, 2022.
• Justine Brooke Murray, “Jewish Groups Lambast CNN For ‘Whitewashing’ Left-Wing Antisemitism,” The Daily Caller, August 25, 2022.
• Jeffrey Rodack, “Jewish Groups Rip CNN for ‘Whitewashing’ Left-Wing Antisemitism,” Newsmax, August 25, 2022.
• Joel Kotkin, “There are dark days ahead for the Jewish diaspora,” Spiked, August 26, 2022.
• Dmitriy Shapiro, “Conservative groups: ‘CNN’ downplays anti-Semitic hate and violence towards Orthodox Jews,” JNS, August 26, 2022.
• “Jewish groups lambast CNN for hiding antisemitism,” Blitz, August 26, 2022.